Looking up the definitions of 3 words before 7 o’clock in the morning suggests that my education may be incomplete or my memory was erased.
Excrescence: noun from the Latin excrescentia meaning to grow out
- An outgrowth or enlargement, especially an abnormal one, such as a wart.
- A disfiguring, extraneous, or unwanted mark or part
- A normal outgrowth on the body such as finger nails and hair
- A usually unwanted or unnecessary accretion: a bulge on a building
Mushrooms are excrescence of an underground fungus network.
Pulchritude: noun from the Latin pulchritudo meaning beauty
- physical comeliness, beauty, loveliness
Her pulchritude required effort not to stare.
Taqiya: noun from Arabic meaning prudence or fear
- The Islamic practice to be ungrateful to, and or cheat non-Muslims
- Islamic religious dissimulation, concealment, while under threat or persecution
- Islamic legal exemption to lie when there is an extreme danger to lose ones life or property
Taqiya allowed her to drink wine with her non-Muslim neighbors.