Trends from the previous month:
- December 2017 price drop and days on the market increase were all an statistical anomaly due to houses being pulled briefly from the market and then added back in a few days later. This has the effect of resetting the clock as far as days on the market is concerned. Houses that were on the market for a year or more are now listed as being for sale only for a few days. It will take a few months for this trade trick to work itself out of the numbers.
- Ignoring the clock resets, the number of homes on the market continues to decrease.
- Homes selling for less than $500,000 are staying on the market longer. Homes on the market for more than $500,000 are selling quicker.
- Price per square foot for all homes is essentially flat.
- Next month I will have 6 months of data and will start showing the monthly results in graphical form. Should be easier to ascertain the month to month changes.